I am going to produce a interactive flash presentation to be used in a junior school. I will use graphics and sound to present letters of the alphabet and words in a fun and exciting way which will appeal to 6 - 8 year olds, for example 'Aa is for apple'
Sounds can be used to pronounce the letters and words made by the letters. This will help children to pronounce the words and letters easily.
Buttons and rollover graphics can be used to progress through the presentation and trigger graphic images, texts, animations and sound.
The final interactive media product will be a projector file on a CDROM published from flash.
My target audience for this is 6 - 8 year olds.
Why did I choose 'Alphabet Adventures' for this unit?I chose to do 'Alphabet Adventures' as it will be a fun task creating all the characters for each letter in the alphabet. Its a very creative task which will make it more enjoyable. It will be a challenge creating my characters for every letter. As it is for a younger audience I will be using cartoon characters which makes it easier and more fun.
Useful links?
There are a few links that I can use to help me with my task, they are helpful as they have given me ideas to what I can do for my own alphabet.
For example:
http://www.learningplanet.com/act/fl/aact/index.asp
I even got images off 'Google' to help me with my ideas.
Style?
I am going to merge my letters and animals together to make it more of an unique style. This will make it more interesting to look at and will capture the eyes of the younger target audience. The characters will be very colourful.

My Planning
Ambient Sound - Describe location
For my alphabet adventures I will use different sounds. At the start screen where all the letters are shown i will use a jungle noise to represent all the animals. When the user clicks onto the letter they want for example 'A' then it will show an alligator imerged into the letter 'A' i will use the noise of a swamp to represent the location of the alligator. Then i will put sound in that the alligator will make and i will do this for every animal.
Spot sound effects - triggered by something eg user or change in pictures
Sound spot effects will be used when you click or hover over the pictures. When someone clicks on the letter or hovers over the animal it will make the noise that the animal makes.
Dialogue - speech, pronounce letters or wordsWhen someone clicks onto the letter a clear voice will pronounce the letter aswell as the animal that represents the letter. This will be there so that the children have a better chance as pronouncing the letters and animals rather than them reading the words and trying to pronounce it themselves.Music - Creates moodIn the background there will be a song playing, not too loud that you cant hear the letters and animals. It will be catchy therefore making the children want to learn more. I want it to create a happy mood but not too annoying that children cant concentrate or will just leave the page.

These three drawings are what I have created using photoshop but these are a rough version of what i will be doing. I will be using these in my final work but with colour. All the letters will look like this to represent the animal that the letter represents. The drawings are very cartoon like rather to them looking realistic as they will be more appealing to my target audience which is children. Also if they are cartoon like I can make them blink, or for the fish i can make bubbles appear.
I will be using dialouge in my alphabet adventures. I will be saying the letter and the animal which represents that letter. This is to help children with pronouncing the word and letter.


No comments:
Post a Comment